The mission of the Office of Overseas Schools (A/OPR/OS) is to:
- Promote quality educational opportunities at the elementary and secondary level for dependents of American citizens carrying out programs and interests of the U. S. Government abroad.
- Increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by upgrading educational institutions which serve to demonstrate American educational principles and methods employed in the United States.
With our commitment to quality service within resources available, the office:
- Provides information on overseas schools with professional, knowledgeable and courteous service within 48 hours of a request.
- Provides grant assistance, in accord with legislative criteria and post recommendations, to designated schools in June of each year.
- Provides options to parents requesting assistance on finding an appropriate school for their child (ren), including those with special needs, within one week of their request.
- Administers support activities and provides technical assistance to encourage school improvement and foster excellence in elementary and secondary education in American-sponsored overseas schools.