Washington Conference |
On Holocaust-Era Assets
Conference Proceedings |
The Department of State and the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum hosted the Washington Conference on Holocaust-Era Assets at the Department of State
November 30 through December 3, 1998. More than 40 governments as well as numerous international non-governmental organizations with a stake in these issues were invited to send delegations to the conference, which built on the work of the December 1997 London Nazi Gold conference.
Additional information about and from the conference can be found on the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum web site.
Also, the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) held a related symposium on records and research relating to Holocaust-era assets on December 4, 1998 at the National Archives.
Proceedings of the Conference
Fact Sheets and Other Materials
- 05/20/99: Stuart Eizenstat (Briefing on Holocaust-Era Assets Conference and release of proceedings of the conference)
- 12/03/98: Judge Abner Mikva (Chairman's Concluding Statement)
- 12/03/98: Stuart E. Eizenstat (Concluding Statement)
- 12/03/98: Stuart E. Eizenstat (In Support of Principles on Nazi-Confiscated Art)
- 12/02/98: Stuart E. Eizenstat ( The Need for Others to Join the International Commission on Holocaust-Era Insurance Claims)
- 12/02/98: Stuart E. Eizenstat (U.S. Support for the International Commission on Holocaust-Era Insurance Claims)
- 12/01/98: Secretary Albright (Opening ceremony address)
- 11/24/98:Stuart Eizenstat (Briefing on the conference)
- 12/03/98: Declarations of the Task Force for International Cooperation on Holocaust Education, Remembrance, and Research
- 12/03/98: Washington Conference Principles on Nazi-Confiscated Art
- 10/26/98: Terms of Reference
[End of Document]
Holocaust Issues Home Page
Bureau of European Affairs Home Page.
DOSFAN Home Page.